Help → SSL won't work

SSL won't work

I'm using Outlook Express on Windows 2000. I've been using K9 baysian filter for some time but my server is switching to SSL so I tried this program (ver. 1.0) and cannot get it to work with SSL enabled (and yes, I did click the ssl option on download). The setup is very similar; incoming POP3 is set to port 995 on the advanced tab and the server tab at 127.0.0.1. Account name is pop.att.yahoo.com:username:ssl, but if the ssl button is clicked on the advanced tab, I get an error message when I try to download email. POPFile does work without ssl, but then I might as well stay with K9. Oh, and the icon on the taskbar keeps disappearing and POPFile doesn't show up in task manager, but if I restart it, the message says it is already running!

• Message #34

POPFile will talk over ssl to the server, but not with your client. So there's no need to change POPFile's POP3 port and you don't have to tell your email client to do ssl.

There are more detailed instructions in the manual.

• Message #37

Still not having any luck. I already went to the instructions in the manual, which is where I found the format pop.att.yahoo.com:username:ssl. It doesn't matter if I have the :ssl appended or not, if I click the ssl button on the email client, things don't work. Now perhaps I'm not understanding; are you saying if I simply run pop.att.yahoo.com:username:ssl without clicking SSL on Outlook Express' advanced tab, POPFile will already be in compliance with my ISP's switch to SSL and that button is not required?

• Message #38

are you saying if I simply run pop.att.yahoo.com:username:ssl without clicking SSL on Outlook Express' advanced tab, POPFile will already be in compliance with my ISP's switch to SSL and that button is not required?

Exactly.