Help → SQLite2 execute failed

SQLite2 execute failed

While downloading messages, the console displays the following:

POPFile Engine v1.0.0 running
DBD::SQLite2::st execute failed: near "'mimeextension:wxxxxxxx": syntax error(1) at dbdimp.c line 412 at c:\progra~1\popfile/classifier/bayes.pm line 2107, <gen2> line 23.

(in wxxxxxxx above, the x represents characters I can't type.)

The download stops at message # 18 and outlook returns an error. Then I have to reboot my PC to try again but it just fails again.

I'm running the windows version on Windows XP SP2.

I went onto my ISP's server and deleted a bunch of messages and now the outlook receive gets to message # 1028 of 5711. The error in the console is almost the same:

DBD::SQLite2::st execute failed: near "'mimeextension:wxxxxxxx": syntax error(1) at dbdimp.c line 412 at c:\progra~1\popfile/classifier/bayes.pm line 2107, <gen2> line 1033.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• Message #44

It seems that POPFile is choking on one of your emails. Can you copy-and-paste the offending characters for us here?
    To work around the problem, download this email without POPFile or delete it using a webmail interface.

• Message #45

The characters won't copy out of the console window. The only way would be if I can send a screenshot in an image file.

The problem with getting around the problem is that I get thousands of emails a day and when it happens I can't identify which email it is in order to delete it with the webmail interface.

Right now I'm downloading all 5000+ emails but then I have to manually go through them since popfile wasn't running to go through them for me.

Let me know if there's a way I can send you and image file the next time I have the problem I can send you the characters.

Thanks!

• Message #46

Right now I'm downloading all 5000+ emails but then I have to manually go through them since popfile wasn't running to go through them for me.

Ouch. That sounds like a lot of work.

What you could do to work around this right now is to change line 2107 in the file Classifier/Bayes.pm in your POPFile directory from this:

$self->{get_wordids__}->execute;

to this:

eval { $self->{get_wordids__}->execute; };

This should at least prevent the crash at this point. I'm not sure though, whether the database will play along after the point where it would have crashed.

To get a screen shot uploaded, you can simply create a new ticket (see the main navigation bar) and attach the screen shot to the ticket.

• Message #57

I am finding a similar error. Can you please let me know if your suggested fix will work for this or is there another way to clear this data?

Thanks,

Blake

POPFile Message Capture Utility v0.1.6

POPFILE_ROOT = C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile
          POPFILE_USER = C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile
          Using 'popfileif.exe' to run POPFile

(report started 28-Feb-2008 @ 12:13:00)

POPFile Engine loading

{core: windows}
          {core: config history logger mq}
          {classifier: bayes wordmangle}
          {interface: html xmlrpc}
          {proxy: nntp pop3 smtp}
          {services: imap}

POPFile Engine v1.0.0 starting

Initializing...

{core: config history logger mq windows}
          {interface: html xmlrpc}
          {proxy: nntp pop3 smtp}
          {services: imap}

Starting...

{core: config history logger mq windows}
          {interface: html}
          {proxy: pop3}
          {services:}

POPFile Engine v1.0.0 running
          DBD::SQLite2::st execute failed: near "'mimeextension:wÐAÛ®½à": syntax error(1) at dbdimp.c line 412 at C:\PROGRA~1\POPFile/Classifier/Bayes.pm line 2107, <GEN4> line 6.

• Message #61

This bug should be fixed in the version now in CVS. You can now either download the CVS version of Bayes.pm and replace the version on your system with the new one or you can simply wait for POPFile 1.0.1 to be released.