Help → understanding flow thru POPFile

understanding flow thru POPFile

new user-using windows7 and Eudora.
I hae POPFile installed and running and it processes e-mail.
i go to History to reclassify e-mail as spam or personal.

Do I then erase entries in history?

When I look at Buckets I don't see any buildup of data? should I?

do i then erase unclassified e-mail in my inbox?

thank you,

John

• Message #1658

Do I then erase entries in history?

The Frequently Asked Questions page in the wiki has a section devoted to the POPFile UI's HISTORY page.

POPFile will automatically delete entries from its HISTORY pages after a few days. The default setting is to delete old messages after two days but you can use the CONFIGURATION page to change this delay to anything between 1 and 366 days.

POPFile checks once an hour to see if any old messages need to be deleted. There is also a button labelled "Expire Now" on the CONFIGURATION page which can be used to force POPFile to immediately delete any old messages (it uses the "Number of days of history to keep" setting to determine which messages are to be deleted). This button is useful when you do not have POPFile running all of the time.

Here are a few wiki links related to your question:

What is the history?

How often should I delete the history?

POPFile's history keeps growing and messages are never purged. What's up?

When I look at Buckets I don't see any buildup of data? should I?

I am assuming you are using POPFile to classify POP3 mail (and therefore not using POPFile's IMAP module).

If incoming messages are appearing in the message HISTORY pages and you are able to reclassify them using the "Reclassify" button then the BUCKETS page should be showing basic statistics (number of messages classified, classification errors, accuracy) and some more information for each bucket (number of messages, word counts, etc). Are you saying that nothing is changing on this page?

do i then erase unclassified e-mail in my inbox?

Are you referring to Eudora's "inbox"? If you are using POP3 mail you can do whatever you want with your email once it gets into Eudora. POPFile cannot see what you do with POP3 mail once it gets into Eudora.