Help → Windows 10

Windows 10

Hi

My PC had just upgraded to Windows 10 and POPFILE won't run, either at Startup or if I manually start it (a new window pops up for < 0.5 s and is blank and immediately disappears) so I have no idea why, but it does not show in running apps, so I presume this is a crash Window.

I am using a Dell XPS laptop.

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Mark

• Message #2079

Another user reported that POPFile would not run after upgrading to Windows 10.

They solved the problem by re-installing POPFile (see http://getpopfile.org/discussion/1/525/2078#2078).

Try re-installing POPFile ~ the installer should detect the existing installation and "upgrade" it for you.

I tried a clean installation of POPFile 1.1.3 on Windows 10 and it seemed to work but I've not tried to upgrade my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10.

If POPFile still won't run after re-installing it try running POPFile's "Message Capture utility" (you'll find this listed under the "POPFile" heading in the list of apps). This utility will display POPFile's startup messages in a window and these messages may provide some information on what is going wrong.

• Message #2080

Hi,

I had upgraded win7 to win10. The POPfile also could not run.
      I tried to uninstall and re install it (ver 1.1.3), but it also did not work.

I will try to reinstall it and use POPFile's "Message Capture utility" to debug.

Best Regards,

Greener

• Message #2081

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it again, it works now.

Hi,

I had upgraded win7 to win10. The POPfile also could not run.
        I tried to uninstall and re install it (ver 1.1.3), but it also did not work.

I will try to reinstall it and use POPFile's "Message Capture utility" to debug.

Best Regards,

Greener

• Message #2092

I had same problem.
      Solution is in my post here:

http://getpopfile.org/discussion/1/530

bv

• Message #2084

Update.

OK, deleted, re-installed (then had the seemingly usual can't read due to folder discrepancies problem), reset folder mappings and hey presto, it's now working.

Just wonder why Popfile didn't manage to survive the upgrade, although I notice that Google Drive is now crashing on start-up, but haven't investigated this yet.

Thanks to all for input.

• Message #2085

Another case of W10 upgrade killing popfile.

Tried firewall, nothing. Does not load into memory, no http server. Web search, nothing. Then came here and looked.

This suggests a front page warning message is needed on this site.

Overlay install worked fine as a fix.

I have a second 8.1 to W10 to do sometime. I suppose this could help in figuring what gets broken but I don't see there is a fix without a new install either way. You could issue a warning and suggest predownloading the popfile installer ready for use.

• Message #2090

Update on myself.
      Now downgraded from W10 to W8.1

No problem with popfile, there was with some other things.

fyi I made a W10 DVD and extracted the new product key so this might make a later reinstall of w10 possible. End support dates are 2023 and 2025.

• Message #2087

I just upgraded POPFile to the same version, but when I got an error on stop_pf.exe, I gave it write rights (Users). Then hit Retry in the installer and everything was upgraded and running.

• Message #2089

My Win7 Pro x64 desktop has just been updated to 10, and PF failed to run. Tried reinstalling the latest version and the install program started it fine.

• Message #2140

I have had this same problem on every system I upgrade to Windows 10.

Today I applied the Windows 10 1st anniversary update to my existing Windows 10, and the problem came back. Simply reinstalling popfile fixed the problem.

• Message #2169

I had upgraded winxp to win10. The POPfile also could not run.
      I tried to uninstall and re install it (ver 1.1.4), but it also did not work.
      Thanks
      http://www.alwaysreview.net/reviews/dvla-contact-number/

• Message #2170

mariakatosvich - You said ver 1.1.4. Do you really have ver 1.1.4? Where did you get it? Have you tried ver 1.1.3?