Open Discussion → SSL problem with POPFile 1.1.2
An SSL email account in Outlook Express no longer works. It was fine with POPFile 1.1.1 but not with 1.1.2.
POPFile 1.1.2 is killed and Outlook Express gives the following error: -
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Virgin', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
The incoming mail server account name is: -
Apart from installing POPFile 1.1.2, I have made no alterations to my Windows XP Pro (SP3) system. The installation procedure ran flawlessly.
There is a problem with the installer ~ sometimes it does not install all of the files needed for SSL support.
There is a simple workaround for POPFile 1.1.2:
If you re-run the POPFile 1.1.2 installer and select the XMLRPC option it will install some extra files that will fix the problem.
You do not need to change POPFile's configuration (i.e. there is no need to enable XMLRPC in the POPFile UI).
Selecting the XMLRPC option in the installer adds a lot of files to the minimal Perl. Once I have determined which ones are needed for SSL support there will be a 1.1.3 release.