Bleeding Edge - Source Code → 1.1.0 RC4 now available

1.1.0 RC4 now available

The next release (1.1.0) will include a lot of changes, including support for SQLite 3.x, improved versions of the Windows service and system tray programs and, at last, an installer for Mac OS X.

A new release candidate (RC4) is now available for testing in a cross platform version, a Windows version and a Mac OS X version.

WARNING: This release candidate will convert your existing database from SQLite 2.x to the new 3.x format. The new SQLite 3.x database cannot be used by POPFile 1.0.1 or any earlier version of POPFile. Although the release candidate will make a backup copy of your old SQLite 2.x format database it is recommended that you also make your own backup copy before you try to upgrade your existing installation.

• Message #516

Installed 1.1.0 RC4 on PPC Mac OS 10.4.11

Getting the following on startup:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Referenced from: lib/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle
    Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

Referenced from: lib/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle
    Expected in: dynamic lookup

Trace/BPT trap

• Message #517

Hi

Installed 1.1.0 RC4 on PPC Mac OS 10.4.11

Getting the following on startup:

1. How are you starting up POPFile?
      2. Have you installed different version of Perl?
      3. If you have installed different version of Perl, please open the Terminal and type a command which perl and tell me the result.

Naoki

• Message #518

Startup script that was installed with the previous version's Mac OS installer (dmg)

2. Have you installed different version of Perl?

No. Should be the Perl that came with Mac OS

3. If you have installed different version of Perl, please open the Terminal and type a command which perl and tell me the result.

/opt/local/bin/perl

• Message #519

/opt/local/bin/perl

Thanks for replying.

It seems that you've installed different version of Perl in /opt directory.
          The Perl which comes with Mac OS X is installed in /usr/bin directory.

Startup script that was installed with the previous version's Mac OS installer (dmg)

OK. I'll update the startup script to use the Perl in /usr/bin directory to fix this problem.
          The new startup script will be included in the next version of the RC and now you can also download the script from here:

http://getpopfile.org/browser/trunk/macosx/Package_Root/Library/StartupItems/POPFile/POPFile

Naoki

• Message #534

OK. I'll update the startup script to use the Perl in /usr/bin directory to fix this problem.
            The new startup script will be included in the next version of the RC and now you can also download the script from here:

We've just released POPFile 1.1.0 RC5:

http://getpopfile.org/discussion/3/123

Can you try it?

Naoki

• Message #537

I removed the perl at /opt/local/bin and installed your revised startup script and everything has been running smoothly since. I'll back it all up, install RC5 and let you know how that goes.

• Message #543

I removed the perl at /opt/local/bin and installed your revised startup script and everything has been running smoothly since.

Glad to hear that.

I'll back it all up, install RC5 and let you know how that goes.

Thanks. I hope RC5 will solve your problem.

Naoki

• Message #523

I think we have solved almost of the problems found in the RCs.

It's time to release the next (and I hope it'll be the last one) RC!

Naoki

• Message #525

I think we have solved almost of the problems found in the RCs.

Which version of IO::Socket::SSL should the RC5 Windows installer use: 1.08, 1.13, 1.16.1 or ???

Brian

• Message #526

Which version of IO::Socket::SSL should the RC5 Windows installer use: 1.08, 1.13, 1.16.1 or ???

I've been testing the new Proxy.pm with IO::Socket::SSL v1.13.

Naoki

• Message #527

I've been testing the new Proxy.pm with IO::Socket::SSL v1.13

OK, I'll use that version. But I think there are still a couple of things to fix:

If an existing pre-1.1.0 installation is upgraded the bayes_bad_sqlite_version gets left at 3.0.0 instead of being updated to the new default of 4.0.0. This means the ADVANCED page in the UI shows bayes_bad_sqlite_version is not the default setting.

A much more serious problem is that the Quick Magnets feature in Single Message View does not work on my Vista system. All I see at the bottom of the message is this

----------------------------
          Quick Magnets
           Magnet Always goes to bucket
                 [Create]

Scores
          ----------------------------

Note: [Create] represents the "Create" button and ---------------------------- represents the <hr> lines

This was found after I upgraded an existing 0.22.5 installation and then used it to download some new mail.

Brian

• Message #528

A much more serious problem is that the Quick Magnets feature in Single Message View does not work on my Vista system. All I see at the bottom of the message is this...

False alarm! The message I was viewing was a spam message with some errors in the header. Looking at a properly formatted message shows the correct Quick Magnets boxes on my Vista system.

Sorry I did not spend more time investigating before I reported the "problem"!

Brian

• Message #529

A much more serious problem is that the Quick Magnets feature in Single Message View does not work on my Vista system. All I see at the bottom of the message is this...

False alarm! The message I was viewing was a spam message with some errors in the header. Looking at a properly formatted message shows the correct Quick Magnets boxes on my Vista system.

OK.
              We don't have to display the 'Quick Magnets' section if the message has no valid headers for magnets. The empty section may confuse users.

I've fixed the problem.

Naoki

• Message #531

I've fixed the problem.

Thanks. This change has been included in RC5.

Brian

• Message #530

If an existing pre-1.1.0 installation is upgraded the bayes_bad_sqlite_version gets left at 3.0.0 instead of being updated to the new default of 4.0.0. This means the ADVANCED page in the UI shows bayes_bad_sqlite_version is not the default setting.

We have no longer used that parameter.
            I think we can remove the parameter itself. How do you think?

Naoki

• Message #532

1.1.0 RC5 is now available in all 3 versions (cross-platform, Mac OS X and MS Windows)

Brian