Bleeding Edge - Source Code → Still being developed?

Still being developed?

I have noticed that there is very little activity here in the bleeding edge forum. Is Popfile still being actively developed? I hope so.

Thanks

• Message #1347

It has been very quiet in this forum but the "last reply: 9 months" statistic is a little misleading. For example there have been several SVN commits this year, with the most recent occurring on 13 July. Some of these have been minor bug fixes or improvements so another 'maintenance' release may appear soon.

The POPFile Core Team only has four members (in Germany, Japan, UK and USA) and most of the Perl work is done by only two of them so if they don't have much spare time to spend on POPFile things can appear to slow down a bit. It is summer now and that may be another reason why nothing much seems to be happening :-)

There are some outstanding tickets involving the Windows installer and the documentation so I am still working on POPFile. About two weeks ago I started an Open Discussion topic about a Proposed enhancement to the HISTORY page but so far nobody has commented on it.

I think POPFile 1.x is pretty stable now and able to achieve good results. It has been a while since I last looked at the 2.x code because most of my "POPFile" time has been spent on the 1.x releases.

Brian

• Message #1348

Good to know that there is still development going on. Thanks

• Message #1438

Some of these have been minor bug fixes or improvements so another 'maintenance' release may appear soon.

It has taken a bit longer than I expected when I made the above statement last August ... but work has just started on another release.

At the moment I'm not sure exactly what will be included in POPFile 1.1.2 but I hope the first release candidate will appear before June 2011.

Brian