Bleeding Edge - Source Code → POPFile 1.1.2 Release Candidate 1 now available

POPFile 1.1.2 Release Candidate 1 now available

The current release (1.1.1) appeared about 20 months ago so it is time for another release.

POPFile 1.1.2 will include some corrections and improvements. Note that the wiki page may get updated to mention features not yet included in this particular release candidate.

The Release Notes included with Release Candidate 1 (RC1) are incomplete but all of the code changes for POPFile 1.1.2 are included in RC1.

The Windows installer has been upgraded to install better support for SSL connections and it is hoped that these changes will solve the problems reported by some users.

WARNING: Do NOT try to use this Release Candidate to upgrade your main POPFile installation!

Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is now available for testing in the following versions:

If any problems are found and fixed then another release candidate (RC2) will be made.

The POPFile core team

• Message #1481

If I set up a new database using 1.1.2 - RC1, will it be upgradeable to production status when the final version is ready or will I have to start all over again?

• Message #1482

Any database created by a Release Candidate will work OK with the final version.

• Message #1483

thx brian. i love popfile. :)

• Message #1484

Hi,

I've found that the Windows version of POPFile generates following warning if the task tray icon is disabled:

ERROR: POPFile needs Perl module File::Path, please install it.

The cause is that "popfile.pck" contains the line:

REQUIRED 0.0.0 File::Path

The File::Path Perl module is needed only by 'tests.pl' and we can remove this line.

Naoki

• Message #1485

The File::Path Perl module is needed only by 'tests.pl' and we can remove this line.

Sorry about that - it was my fault.

The Makefile creates popfile.pck by running the make_packing_list.pl script which scans the source code to see which modules are required.

On my build system the POPFile folder had the current Logger.pm file and and old version from CVS/SVN (Logger_rev_1.45_from_SF.pm). The script added File::Path to popfile.pck because the old version of Logger.pm used it. I have fixed this by deleting the old file.

Brian

• Message #1502

POPFile 1.1.2 Release Candidate 2 is now available for testing.

Brian

• Message #1505

thx. brian. lol