Bleeding Edge - Source Code → IMAP module should decode non-ascii folder name

IMAP module should decode non-ascii folder name

If IMAP folder name includes non-ascii character (such as Japanese), the name is encoded in 'modified UTF-7' encoding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-7

We need to decode it by using Encode::IMAPUTF7:

http://search.cpan.org/~pmakholm/Encode-IMAPUTF7/

I want to add the module for Japanese support. How do you think?

Naoki

• Message #1988

I've created a patch to decode IMAP folder names:

The patch works only in 'Nihongo' mode, but this patch may be useful for the other non-ascii languages.

Naoki

• Message #1989

I want to add the module for Japanese support. How do you think?

I think that is a good idea.

The patch works only in 'Nihongo' mode, but this patch may be useful for the other non-ascii languages.

The Encode::IMAPUTF7 documentation mentions Cyrillic strings so perhaps we need to use it for other languages?

Brian

• Message #1990

I think that is a good idea.

Thanks.

The Encode::IMAPUTF7 documentation mentions Cyrillic strings so perhaps we need to use it for other languages?

Yes. I think so.

Since Encode::IMAPUTF7 module depends on Encode module, we need to include Encode and Encode::IMAPUTF7 modules for almost all languages.
      I guess the Encode module will be installed on Windows only if 'Nihongo' is selected.

Naoki

• Message #1991

I guess the Encode module will be installed on Windows only if 'Nihongo' is selected.

No, I had to add some files from Encode to the minimal Perl just to get a basic version of POPFile to start up. I cannot remember which files I had to add but I made some notes - all I need to do is find those notes.

Brian

• Message #1992

No, I had to add some files from Encode to the minimal Perl just to get a basic version of POPFile to start up.

I'm glad to hear that.

I'll modify my patch to work for all languages and commit it.

Naoki