Bleeding Edge - Source Code → 1.1.0 RC0 now available

1.1.0 RC0 now available

The next release (1.1.0) will include a lot of big changes, including support for SQLite 3.x, improved versions of the Windows service and system tray programs and, at last, an installer for Mac OS X. We are still testing these changes.

If you would like to help with this testing an experimental release candidate (RC0) is now available in a cross platform version, a Windows version and a Mac OS X version.

WARNING:
This release candidate will convert your existing database from SQLite 2.x to the new 3.x format so do NOT use it to upgrade your current installation - make a copy of your data and then use that copy for testing this release candidate.

• Message #247

Has anyone tested RC0?

I'm testing RC0 on both Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Windows XP SP3 and
    I have not found any problems.

Naoki

• Message #262

I am running RC0 on a Vista SP1 machine and I am running into random crashes. It looks as if the cinnection is timing out.

• Message #274

Hi

I am running RC0 on a Vista SP1 machine and I am running into random crashes. It looks as if the cinnection is timing out.

Are you using the system tray icon?
        Are you using the concurrent POP3 connections?
        Have you experienced similar crashes in the older stable versions of POPFile?

Naoki

• Message #248

Has anyone tested RC0?

I have just checked the site statistics:

popfile-1.1.0-RC0.zip23 downloads
      POPFile-1.1.0RC0-macosx.dmg.gz22 downloads
      popfile-1.1.0-RC0-windows.zip66 downloads

But so far the only feedback has been your question, Naoki

Brian

• Message #250

Has anyone tested RC0?

I'm testing RC0 on both Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and Windows XP SP3 and
      I have not found any problems.

I am running RC0 on Mac OS X 10.5 also. There have been no problems with either the upgrade process or RC0's operation.

John

• Message #275

Hi John

I am running RC0 on Mac OS X 10.5 also. There have been no problems with either the upgrade process or RC0's operation.

Thanks for your report.
        Are you using the cross-platform version, or the brand new Mac OS X version?

Naoki

• Message #276

Hi Naoki,

Thanks for your report.
          Are you using the cross-platform version, or the brand new Mac OS X version?

I am using the Mac OS X version. SSL was already in use, so I did not run the SSL installer package that is included in the new release.

John