Documentation Problems → IMAP Limitation Clarification

IMAP Limitation Clarification

1. The documentation states "it cannot talk to multiple IMAP servers" It is more restrictive than that. It cannot do multiple accounts on the same server.

2. POPFile is usually set up to start when Windows starts. However, I would guess, unlike POP3 email, there is no requirement to have the client running for POPFile's IMAP module classify and move messages?

• Message #2103

1. The documentation states "it cannot talk to multiple IMAP servers" It is more restrictive than that. It cannot do multiple accounts on the same server.

Yes, quite right. The module is limited to a single account on a single server

2. POPFile is usually set up to start when Windows starts. However, I would guess, unlike POP3 email, there is no requirement to have the client running for POPFile's IMAP module classify and move messages?

If POPFile isn't running, it cannot classify your messages.

• Message #2106

I would guess, unlike POP3 email, there is no requirement to have the client running for POPFile's IMAP module classify and move messages?<<

If POPFile isn't running, it cannot classify your messages.<

POPFile yes, but I don't see the requirement for a client, such as Outlook, which is required for POPFile to work with POP3.

I'm having difficulties being able to have the IMAP module work in some instances. I'm documenting the differences between the instances that work and the ones that don't, to determine the relevant factors.
      - One had two IMAP accounts. They both used the same server, but used different DNS names to attach to the same server. It wouldn't work until both DNS names were the same, and of course only classifies E-mails for one of the accounts, as expected.
      - One I'm having trouble with now has several POP3 and one IMAP account. It doesn't work either. There is a lot missing in the documentation. It may be POPFile won't work with both IMAP and POP3, even though they use different ports. If what I need is one operating system instance for each IMAP account, and no POP3 activity, the documentation should reflect that.